34. Image/Add Borders and Add a Symmetric 1 pixel border in Black
35. Image/Add Borders and Add a Symmetric 6 pixel border in White
36. With your Magic Wand, select your white border
37. Edit/Paste/Paste into Selection
38. Adjust/Blur/Gaussian Blur at 20
39. Effects/3D Effects/Inner Bevel
40. Selections/Select None
41. Image/Add Borders and Add a Symmetric 1 pixel border in Black
**Wow, now the frame is done. Your total image with frame should be 504 X 504 pixels**
42. Now we are ready to add the Chain so make the chain the active image and to to Edit/Copy and then back to your image and Edit/Paste/Paste as a new layer (You can close the chain out now too)
43. This next step is optional, but we liked it so our text would show up. You can do this by closing out your bottom layer but have your chain tube layer the active one
Click with your magic wand inside the chain loop.
Next go to Selections/Modify/Expand by 3.
Add a new Raster Layer and move it below the Chain layer and Flood Fill it with your chosen color. Add the blinds setting.
When you are done with this, select none and make your background layer visible again..
44. Make sure your chain layer is the active layer and go to Effects/3D Effects/Drop Shadow:
V&H=1, Opacity=50, Blur=3, Black
(You can put text inside the chain loop if you would like to using the font of your choice. You can also apply a drop shadow of your choice to the text or use the one we previously used)
V&H=1, Opacity=50, Blur=3, Black
45. Add your watermark, merge the layers, export to the JPEG Optimizer and optimize at 15-20 or what works best for your image...
That's it....done with the header. Now for the Background/Sideborder
46. Make your chosen color 100x100 image the active image
47. Effects/Plugins/DC Special/Book plugin at settings: 255 and 84
There will be white spaces around it..but don't panic, there are supposed to be!! lol
48. Select the two outer white spots with your magic wand (You will have to hold down the "Shift" button to select them both) and flood fill with your chosen color
49. Now with your magic wand, select the 2 inner white spots (Top and bottom) and flood fill with black..
50. Image/Canvas Size 1400x100
Make sure placement is left middle arrow...
51. Effects/3D Effects Drop Shadow:
52. Effects/Image Effects/Seamless Tiling and make sure Corner and vertical are checked. Transition should be at 50
53. Layers/Merge/Merge Visible
54. Layers/Add New Raster Layer and flood fill with your chosen color
55. Layers/Arrange/Move to bottom
56. On this bottom layer go to Effects/Texture Effects/Blinds and use the settings previously used, but uncheck "Horizontal"
57. Layers/Merge/Merge Visible
58. Select the side boxes and flood fill them with Gold or Silver. While they are still selected, add the Book plugin again at 19 and 255:
That's it, Send your image to the JPEG Optimizer and optimize at the same settings as your header or whatever you want to use and assemble parts in Letter Creator.
**A good left margin setting for your text is around 115**
We would like to thank you for trying our tutorial and we hope you enjoyed it :)
Please link tutorial back to Jodi M and ZiggyFan at:
ZiggyFan's website here:
And Jodi M's website here:
ZiggyFan/Amy & Jodi M