Marble Rotated Frame - Sideborder
This tutorial assumes a basic knowledge of Paint Shop Pro. I believe the skill level to be at the "Advanced Intermediate" Level. Just be sure to read every step carefully and always pay special attention to what layer you are working on.
- Paint Shop Pro (This was done using 9), but should be able to be done in newer versions.
- A graphic of your choice that needs to be wider then tall.
- Plug-in needed: Mehdi....found Here
- Any other tubes or brushes you would like to use to dress up your Letter.
Let's get started.....
1. Open graphic in PSP. Graphic needs to be no larger than 350 pixels wide. If your graphic is not this size please resize or crop it down. After resizing please remember to sharpen your graphic if needed too.
Shift-D to duplicate your graphic....
Then Go to Edit/Copy and you can minimize the copy....
2. Image/Add Borders...and Add a 2 pixel border in black.
3. Image/Add Borders...and Add a 8 pixel border in white.
4. Select your magic wand tool ( default Settings ). Click inside your white border.
5. Edit/Paste/Paste in Selection
Adjust/Blur/Gaussian Blur at 15...
6. Effects/Plug-ins/Mehdi - Local Equalization
7. Effects/3D Effects/Inner Bevel with the following settings...
8. Image/Add Borders...and Add a 2 pixel border in black.
9. Layers/Promote Background Layer
Image/Canvas Size with the following settings:
10 Add a new Raster Layer...
11 Edit/Paste/Paste into Selection...Your graphic should still be in your clipboard, but if it isn't bring it back up the copy and go to Edit/Copy (you can minimize it again).
Adjust/Blur/Gaussian Blur at 15...
12 Effects/Plug-ins/Mehdi - Local Equalization
13 Effects/Plug-ins/Mehdi - Melt...with the following settings:
14 Seamless Tile with default settings.
15 Effects/Edge Effects/Enhance
16 Selections/Select All....
Selections/Contract by 35...
17 Effects/3D Effects/Inner Bevel....Same settings as before.
18 Effects/3D Effects/Drop Shadow with the following settings:
Repeat Drop Shadow....Change Vertical and Horizontal to -2
19 Seamless Tile with the following settings:
20. Send this layer to the bottom and make your top layer active.
21. Image/Resize with the following settings:
Image/Rotate/Free Rotate with the following settings:
23. Add the drop shadow from before...
Note: The -2 settings are still there. Apply it the the rotated layer.
24. Make the middle layer active.
Now repeat drop shadow on the middle layer, change the Vertical and Horizontal back to...2
25. Merge/Merge Visible...Add your watermark and/or copyright info.
Add new Raster Layer.....Image/Canvas Size at 1400 pixels....or the width you use for your Screen resolution....Height stays the same.
26. Select a light color from your graphic...flood fill your new layer.
Send this layer to the bottom.....
27. Adjust/Add and Remove Noise....Add Noise with the followings settings:
Gaussian, 10%, Monochrome checked....
28. Effects/Plug-ins/Mehdi - Weaver ...with the following settings:
29. Seamless Tile with the following settings:
Merge/ All Flatten
30. To save your image go to File/Export and export the JPEG Optimizer and Optimize at anywhere between 15 and 20 or whichever setting you prefer :)
Assemble in Letter Creator and You are done!! Hope your results were great ones :)
Please add this link:
Hope you enjoyed this tutorial. As much as I did writing it. Any similarities to other tutorials are Entirely coincidental. Please do not translate or Script this tutorial. Please do not Claim any of it as your own."