Red Riding Hood
- Paint Shop Pro (This is done using 9), but should be able to be done in newer versions.
- A tube of your choice, I am using Orkusart, which you can purchase Here, do not use unless you have a license to do so.
- WSL_Mask251....Found Here....Save this somewhere it is easy to find.
- MuRa's Meister - Copies Plug-In found Here
Please Note..All Settings remain the same unless otherwise noted.
2. Open the regtangular frame from the kit. Duplicate (Shift + D) once and close out original.
3. Open a ribbon from the kit (I'm using ribbon 3 cause we want a ribbon to stretch across the bottom of the frame). Edit/Copy and Paste it as a new layer on top of the frame.
Resize the ribbon to fit the frame...I used 91%.
4. Open a paper of your choice...Edit/Copy and Paste it as a new layer. We will move it under the frame layer. Make the frame layer active/ Using your magic wand tool...click inside the frame. Selections/Modify/Expand by 5...Make the paper layer active and go to Edit/Cut.
Ad a drop shadow of your choice to both the ribbon and the frame layer.... Merge/Visible
5. Now in this next part if you are using a different kit you will need to go to image canvas size and ad at least 75 pixels to both the width and height around the frame.
If you are working with Cora's frame from the kit, there is not need to ad any pixels for she has left more then enough room to ad the next step.
6. Effects/Plug-ins/MuRa's Meister - Copies with the following settings...
7. Open a new Raster Image 650X650 pixels, Flood Fill it with white. Open a paper of your choce from the kit...Edit/Copy and Paste it as a new layer onto the new work space.
Resize if you like...I resized mine at 80%. Layers/New Mask Layer/From Image with these settings: Create Mask From Source Luminance, Invert Mask Data - Unchecked...Click ok and merge group.
8. Make the frame we just made active, Edit/Copy and Paste it as a new layer onto the mask layer. See my tag for placement...I resized mine at 85%, you may need to resize yours more if you are working with a different kit.
9. Open the filmstip frame from the kit...Using your magic wand tool, Hold down your shift button and click inside each opening in the frame. Selections/Modify/Expand by 4...Selections/Invert.
Open a paper of your choice...Edit/Copy and Paste it as a new layer. Edit/Cut...and go to Layers/Arrange/Move Down.
10. Keep Selected...Open your tube, Edit/Copy and Paste it as a new layer. Place it how you like in the frame openings, Resize if needed...Edit/Cut. Continue until you have each opening filled as you want. Select None and ad a drop shadow to the frame layer.
Note: I used a 2 different papers in my filmstrip frame.
11. On your tubes layers....In your layers pallet, change the blend mode to Luminance Legacy. You may adjust the Ocacity to what works best for your tube.
Merge/Visible...Edit/Copy and Paste it as a new layer on top the other frame and mask.
Resize at 70% and go to Image/Rotate/Free Rotate to the left at 5 degrees. See my tag for placement...Adjust/ Sharpen if needed.
12. Open the folded ribbon from the kit...Edit/Copy and Paste it as a new layer. Resize it at 80%...move it under the filmstrip frame, place it so it peeks out behind the frame.
Ad a drop shadow of your choice...
13. Open the greenery from the kit...Edit/Copy and Paste it as a new layer. Move it to the top and Resize it at 65%...Image/rotate/Free Rotate to the left at 10 degrees.
See my tag for placement...
14. Open the Flower from the kit...Edit/Copy and Paste it as a new layer. Resize it at 45% and see my tag for placement.
15. Open your Tube and Edit/Copy and Paste it as a new layer. Resize as needed and place it how you like it. Ad a drop shadow of your choice.
Finially...Go to Layers/Merge/Merge All Flatten
Don't forget to add the proper copyright info....add you name.
Crop off any and all extra white around your finished tag....
That's it...Your all done. If you are using it for a Tag you may want to resize....I like to use 65%. Now if you are using it for a header, no need to resize.
You are done!! Hope your results were great ones :)
Please add this link:
Hope you enjoyed this tutorial. As much as I did writing it. Any similarities to other tutorials are Entirely coincidental. Please do not translate or Script this tutorial. Please do not Claim any of it as your own."
Also, If you are a tutorial writer and you would like to use the PSP Selections, Masks, Brushes, Tubes, Templates or anything else that I create myself please email me at:
I do allow this, but I would like to be notified first and I also require a link back to my tutorials homepage:
I put alot of time in creating my selections and other things and while I'm happy to share them, I would like to be credited for them...I'm sure all my fellow tutorial writers can understand how I feel about this :)